Tuesday, January 1, 2019

How long has it been?

Years have past since I posted anything to this blog. I suppose I consider this nothing more than a journal now and TBD if it will catch on for me to sit and organize some thoughts on occasion. Being it is New Years day and there are so many things I'd like to forget or have had a different outcome form 2018 that I welcome 2019 with the reminder that Jesus Christ is in control! He never fails, He never loses and since I have the promise that I am seated even right now in Him in heavenly places and nothing can separate me from His love, I certainly have not only much to be thankful for but also so much to be confident in re: the future. The truth is, had you talked to me in the past several months you would not have gotten this expectant response - to my shame. Circumstances I never could have imagined and never would want have transpired and has left this earthly life shaken and hurting, with many uncertainties. Yet with precious children the Lord has given me the privilege of being stewards of as a father, a precious salvation and a gospel to share that can altar a persons eternity - I am very blessed and have a great purpose - to lead my kids and others toward Christ, be it as Savior or to a closer walk with Him... and that must daily start with me, something I need to work on more and more. Today is 1/1/19 A day I have committed to denying the things I would normally do through the course of my day that are the "norm", creature comforts, status quo, what have you... and to change things up, and in the process aspire to desire God more than anything else that would occupy my time, attention or investment. I spent a long day at work, some time at the gym (very atypical for me of late) and listened to a lot of Audio Bible and preaching from a couple dear friends in the faith. This has served to encourage me that today and tomorrow do not have to be like yesterday and the many similar days before it. A good preacher friend of mine used to say all the time, "the past is influential, it is not deterministic." For some time now, it has been the past and current circumstances, the opinions of others and the emotional volatility that go with it that have driven me from the refreshing joy and peace that our Lord allows when we sit at his feet, cast the burden upon Him and know that He is not wringing His hands, He has not fallen off the throne, He will judge the world in righteousness, He will take care of His own and someday I will see Him face to face and IT WILL BE WORTH IT ALL THEN!!! So January 1, how long has it been since you have done what I am asking God to help me do, operate in truth and not in present circumstance - highs or lows. Hebrews 11:6 reminds us that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Look unto Jesus

No comments: